Wednesday, March 16, 2005

carbs=energy=excercise=fat loss=good so carbs=good ... hmmm... who knew it?!

Well, today we had our luncheon at work & I got my lovely service award for 3 years of service. It's a nice plaque with an engraved key chain. When I hit 5 years I'll get to select something out of a catalog - watches, necklaces, cameras... I'm psyched for that. I think it's a conspiracy -employer bribary to get us to stay longer. What confirms my suspicions is that the 3 year people used to just get a cheapo gift & now they've been added to the other groups that are presented service awards. Of course, that could also have to do with the high turn-around rate. The new employees that were introduced - oh - freakin' endless.

Today's workout:

This am was the usual:

10 flights stair running (this was increased from 8)
1 set of 15 standing pushups
1 20 second plank (increased this one too!)

Tonight's workout (circuit training still):

400 jumps
1-2-3 curls (curl up 1/2 way & stop -8, start at 1/2 way & curl to top-8, full curl-8) all 8 reps=24
1 set 8 overhead tricep extensions - 15#'s
400 jumps
1 set 8 body hammer curls - 10#'s
1 set 1 arm overhead tricep extensions - 10#'s
400 jumps
1-2-3 curls (as described above)
1 set tricep pushdowns on machine - 30#'s (slow - counting 1, 2)
400 jumps
2 sets preacher curls - 20# barbell
1 set 10 bench dips

Ok, that covers it for now. Today's eating started off ok with a protein MRP for breakfast & a string cheese for my 10 o'clock snack but with the luncheon things were tossed off kilter. I tried to maintain the carbs by only having a protein for breakfast, & snacks but then faltered when the husband decided on pankakes for dinner. I did however maintain a good amount of water & at least I'm getting in the protein I need & using the extra carbs for energy.

So to borrow from Maggie at http://www.causticmuse.com :

The awful truth: Ate too many carbs. Really need to plan these workouts in my head ahead of time & not just wing it (although it's working..)

Brownie points: used the carbs for great cardio & I'm still maintaining that extra cardio (stairs) every morning. I am training the hubby & have him doing cardio circuits with the weight training right along side me.

So, off I go - I have to at least catch the end of Survivor & Alias is on tonight! & BTW - I'm not preggo (you figure it out)

Toodles