Monday, May 02, 2005

Brave or just silly?

I was up at 4:30 this morning (briefly) when Mr.Pttobegirl woke up to go to the gym & then again a little before 7 when he came home but I didn't actually roll out of bed until 9:15 or so (I stayed up until midnight last night). He decided to stay home because he ordered some tires for his Omega and they just came a few hours ago. I just got back from dropping them off at the tire place (to be mounted and balanced on his Crager rims) and going to tanning. I ran 4 miles this morning (from home to the end of the River trail & back) - it was beautiful weather for running and even ran into my neighbor who was out on a leisurely bikeride.
I was brave too & did the standing tanning booth (yes, I know it's bad for my skin). I had to keep telling myself that the bulbs were not going to explode in my face! The standing booth is so loud & you have to hold onto these straps - freaky!! I toughed it out though for the full 6 minutes. I'm starting to get tan finally but it's not consistant because I had previously gotten some natural sunlight on like my belly, my arms and my legs so some of me is slightly darker. And it's funny because I look more tan indoors than out. I suppose my skin will catch up pretty soon (at least I hope it does!).

And, it's not that I'm slacking with my 4:30am workouts - I'm on vacation! Whoot - whoot!