Sunday, April 24, 2005

Extra, extra

Well, yesterday was a great workout day. I normally take the weekends off from the gym and any extra is considered bonus but my week was thrown off kilter and I was itching to go. I argued with myself but soon found myself in the car dressed and ready to go. It's funny how much exercise has become a way of life for me. Without it I just feel like I'm not myself.

Anywho ... Here's what I did after my usual stretching (which I never list but always do):


Treadmill:
  • .25 @ 3.0 mph - warm-up
  • 2.00 @ 6.0 mph - moderate run
  • .25 @ 3.0 mph - active rest (needed some water & I'm a bad drink & run girl)
  • 1.10 @ 6.0 mph - moderate run
  • .25 @ 3.0 - cool down

Total: 3.85 miles

All Supersets - Chest & Back:

  • 3 sets of 8 @ 55# Bench Press (on Smith Machine)
  • 3 sets of 8 @ 62.5# Row Machine
  • 3 sets of 8 @ 15# Dumbell Press to dumbbell Flyes
  • 3 sets of 8 @ 40# Cable lat pulls
  • 3 sets of 8 @ 30# Cable Cross-overs
  • 3 sets of 8 Back Extensions (Roman Chair)

Oh & as a PT I know that you continue to burn calories even after your cardio (and throughout the day which is why many encourage am workouts - anyway). Well, I wore my heart rate monitor (which btw works with the cardio equipment & reads on the screens) and kept it on afterwards and I was still in the lower range of my training heart rate when I was doing my weight training. Can't beat that! I burned around 380 calories running plus who knows how many more weight training. Excellent!

That covers it. I'm feeling it today. Great workout!