Monday, May 09, 2005

Mr. Sandman? Are you there?

I couldn't sleep worth a shit last night. Kept tossing and turning and cursing that I couldn't sleep. The husband (who is lucky he's still alive this morning) was snoring like the world was going to end! I don't know what was wrong with me.

It's 1 of 2 things:
1. PMS = insomnia (I'm pretty sure this happened last month)
2. Anxiety about the vacation ending and the workweek beginning

Either way - with only maybe 2-3 tops hours of sleep I would have been worthless at the gym so I tried to get a few more hours sleep (with no good result). I should've just gone and had a worthless workout - at least it would have been a workout!

So, tomorrow is back to normal (with sleep I hope!). I let Jaime in on the new w/o plan and she wants to do it but wants to run too (I've created a monster! Just kidding - I'm psyched she's enthusiastic - she wasn't before - progress!!!) sooo ... looks like we'll soon be changing our gym arrival time to 4:30 am instead of 5 so we can get in extra cardio time. I'm really glad too because I want to do running as supplemental to the regular fat burning cardio so to get to the gym earlier will work just peachy. I'll be doing regular road runs too though for the fresh air and the feel of the road rather than the treadmill.

So, Fabulous! Frankly, I'm psyched to change my workout around. Silly how when a few years ago I wouldn't possibly have been excited about exercise & now I am :-)

And, I am registering for my first 5K in town. Did I already post that? Well, it's this weekend - talk about crunch time. When I told Jaime her eyes bugged out. She thinks I'm crazy - I think it's funny!

And, I did the 10 minute tanning bed (more powerful than the 20 minute bed) today (8 minutes) and didn't get burned. My tanning obsession is growing! A friend at work said "Wow - you look tan - where'd you go for vacation?" I laughed and said "a tanning salon!". He already knows I'm a nutball so he wasn't surprised.

Enough for now.

Remember, life is what you make it. You (alone) have the power to change. Although, family and friends helping and supporting certainly helps matters!!