Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Oh Mr. Tanita ....

According to my piece of crap Tanita scale I have managed to drop 1% in body fat.

Now, I know that Mr.Tanita scale is generally full of shit. I know that Mr.Tanita may just be braindamaged from being viciously thrown out the window by a certain PTtobegirl. And I know - Mr. Tanita may have been resurrected after certain death and a brief dance in scale heaven so it may not be accurate (not that it ever was anyway). And believe you me (what kind of saying is that? anyway) I was sooo not the one that saved Mr. Tanita - that can only be blamed on Mr.PTtobegirl.

However, after much deliberation (about 1/2 a second) I have decided (against my better judgement) to believe it this one time. Why? Because I damned well want to that's why. It makes me feel better gosh-darnit! If I can obtain a warm fuzzy from that piece of shit scale 1 time in all the years I've owned it - I'm soooooo gonna do it! Yup, 1%.

Besides, I get my Omron Body Fat Analyzer on Friday so humph Mr.Tanita! I shall only use you for your brief moments when you shout out how fat I am without knowing the specifics and only make judgements by pure weight alone! Mr. Tanita - such a small and useless little being.

I've gone crazy haven't I? Ah, who cares - it feels sooo good!

Tee-hee.


Today's exercise:

I ventured out again today to hit the river trail and my previous mile calculations were wrong - it is actually 2 miles one way from my starting point of the gym (well, actually - a smidge more). Soooo ... what this means is that I am truely doing 5 miles (with some warm-up & cool down walking - totaling probably around .6 miles walking and the rest running) as opposed to the 4 miles I previously suspected and calculated with my car. It's funny how off my car was but with all the twists and turns of the trail and me just following it along in the car - I guess it makes sense. Plus, I went onto the town website to confirm.

I also plan to hit the gym again to do my chest & back workouts.

Today I am reading:

The DaVinci Code
  • I finally got sucked in and bought the damned book which although it is copyright 2003 (2 years old) the publishers have decided to continue to take advantage of the huge sales and continue to offer it in hardcover only. Isn't that nice of them? Well, I made a stink out of it at the bookstore and then admitted that I am a sucker anyway & I bought it. At least the bookstore tagged on a 30% off discount so that was appreciated & I even said so to the girl (with no personality - who probably thought I was nuts). Aren't I nice?