Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A-ok

Update: Pooksy-bear does indeed have a UTI. The vet was concerned that it might have been diabetes but the pee test confirmed it's just a UTI (not that it doesn't still hurt my poor baby). He is on Clavomax & takes pills so well! He's already feeling better & on his way to recovery :-)

Whoot-whoot!

Oh & everyone at the Vets thinks he just oh-so-handome!

---> You will soon notice a change in my blog name. The change is coming because I have decided not to pursue a career as a Personal Trainer. Why you ask? Well, because everyone around here would rather be fat & lazy & therefore I can not live soley on training clients alone. It's sad, but true. I will continue to be a fitness enthusiast & help others if they ask but it's time I look for a stable career change ...

After a lot of thought I have decided to pursue a life dream of mine:

I have registered to take the written exam as part of the first step towards becoming a Police Officer. Yuppers, you heard me (or read me) right. Early on in my marriage I asked my husband his thoughts about it & he seemed too concerned that I would get hurt. Well, I brought it up again (damned CSI put a bug up my ass & made me want to - jeeze that sounds painful - I didn't really have a bug up my ass - thank God) & we talked about it & he's all for it. I'm psyched!

I found the LEC website that holds the exams & it nicely laid out the process for me. I take the first exam (no knowledge of the job is required for the first exam), they send out my test scores to the stations I've checked off, the stations then decide if they want to see me, have me go down & interview, take some tests etc & then if they hire me they pay me to go to the Police Academy (for 15-17 weeks with weekends to come home).

I'm excited & I really hope this works out!