Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Man my legs

hurt. I went overboard with lunges (trying to work myself hard). It's day 2 & the pain should go away by tomorrow (I'm hoping!). They say "no pain, no gain" so I'm ok with it! Yesterday was chest & tri's so almost my entire body hurts now. Gotta love it! It's sad but I would never pass up the pain - it shows you that ya done good! Sick isn't it?

A word of advice: if your chicken (in the can for chicken salad) is pink - DON'T EAT IT! Mine was yesterday & I ended up with the worst cramps I've ever had. I felt like what I imagine it would if you got a tummy tuck. I couldn't straighten out myself because it caused unbearable pain. All this while I'm at the office - walking around like I've got some big ole booty ass. Everyone was looking at me with that "You're white & your booty aint big enough to walk like that!" look on their faces. I was lucky enough to find a Tums addicts & popped 3. I've never taken them before so I'm not sure if they helped or the cramps just subsided on their own. Either way - I'm glad they're gone!

Today is cardio, I think I'll just go for a nice run. It's a beautiful, rainy fall day (did I just say beautiful & rainy in the same sentence?).

The good:
I've been eating clean - (religiously - turning over a new leaf). I'm getting in my 6 meals a day & using my last meal as strictly a protein meal. So far so good but I can't help it - all I think about is food! This always happens to me.

The bad:
I dreamt I went out to eat with my husband, ordered a pizza while waiting for him to get to the table & proceeded to eat all but one piece. Then I sat there contemplating what I was going to tell him! It was awful.

The really bad:
I want to kill our new employee. He is driving me insane. He has a comment for everything & thinks he's a comedian - he's not. I want to like him - but it's just not going to happen.

The update:
Where have I really been? In a slump. I've been having a really hard time with mood swings. I suffer from depression but have a really hard time admitting my vulnerability. I guess I have a really big head (not literally - do I?) & I don't like to admit a weakness. Well, as of late I have finally come to the conclusion that the raging PMS (obscene irritability, edginess & hard to control just plain irrational behavior) is not PMS. It came way off schedule last time & lasted way too long with one day of normalcy & a long period of the drearies. I'm supposed to take medication & have in the past but I always stop taking it thinking I can handle this on my own. Well, I'm wrong (do not repeat that!). I don't like depending on someone else or something (medication) to keep me in control. I have an appt tomorrow (it was today but was rescheduled). Wish me luck!

The Workout:

3 sets of 10 supersets:
dumbell chest presses (on ball)
lying tricep extensions (on ball)

dumbell flyes (on ball)
tricep pressdowns (cable machine)

dumbell chest presses (incline bench)
tricep extensions (standing)

1 set of 10 dips
kickbacks until I could do no more ... (I only got out like 5 each arm)

Great workout & I'm a feeling it!

Yesterday's leg workout:

60 lunges (with heavy weight ouch!)
30 ball squats (with frontal raises)
3 sets of 10 frontal raises
3 sets of bent elbow lateral raises
1 set of 10 shoulder presses
2 sets of 10 arnold presses

Toodles all!

BTW - when they say exercise helps - they're not kidding. Without it I don't know where I'd be.