Tuesday, January 17, 2006

100 Things About Me

  1. I am & always will be a procrastinator
  2. … as was my mother
  3. … as is my sister
  4. This list has a 50% chance of being put off & completed at a later date.
  5. I am ½ Finnish & (off & on) learning to speak it.
  6. I love to write & have been doing so since I was very young.
  7. Often I read as many as 4 books at the same time because I can’t decide which one to start. This began when I was a teenager & found ..
  8. My favorite author to be Stephen King.
  9. I have to have coffee in the morning & in the rare instance there is none in the house – any form of caffeine will suffice.
  10. When on schedule I workout 5-6 times a week.
  11. And eat 5-6 small, healthy meals throughout the day.
  12. And drink at least 80 ounces of water a day.
  13. I am bipolar.
  14. When I am depressed I have no appetite or desire to eat.
  15. My mentally stable friends think I’m weird when I say I forget to eat (but I do!).
  16. My natural haircolor is chestnut brown (my mom always loved it). After 30 years (many of which spent coloring my hair) I have decided it is the most flattering color for my complexion. (Yes, mom you’re right - doh!)
  17. My mother died of COPD & emphysema when she was 51.
  18. She was my best friend.
  19. Part of me died with her.
  20. I am a reality TV whore.
  21. When I was little my plastic shopping cart toy & my sister’s glow worm were stolen by our neighbors.
  22. To this day we know who it was but they never admitted it.
  23. They were are playmates!
  24. My middle name is the same as my mom’s & my grandmother & great-grandmother etc. I am supposed to carry on the tradition if I have a daughter. I am not.
  25. I am going to change it & use it as her first name.
  26. My husband & I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year.
  27. I may never have that daughter but I am ok with that.
  28. I have 3 cats, a dog, an iguana & some fish.
  29. I own my own home in the same town I was born.
  30. I live just minutes from the hospital I was born in.
  31. I hate getting up in the middle of the night just to pee.
  32. My husband falls asleep like the “Clap on, clap off” woman while I lay there awake wanting to choke him for breathing so loud.
  33. I often tell my husband I could kill him in his sleep & he wouldn’t even know it.
  34. He thinks I’m kidding.
  35. I hate wearing shoes. When/if I get pregnant – I will be barefoot & pregnant.
  36. When I was an adolescent/teenager I used to walk in the snow barefoot to get the mail.
  37. My socks were always black on the bottom.
  38. My mom loved me.
  39. I can play the flute, & piccolo & was 1st chair in my high-school band.
  40. I originally started with the clarinet.
  41. I am claustrophobic.
  42. When I get home from work (although now I am unemployed) the first thing I do is kiss my husband.
  43. The second thing is to change into my pajamas or yoga pants.
  44. At age 30, I finally accept my A cup breasts. They may be small but they are spectacular!
  45. When I was a teenager I had to convince my mother to buy me a bra.
  46. That first bra was a size 32AAA. It had pleats.
  47. I have fiber cystic tissue in my breasts & they hurt terribly prior to my period.
  48. For that reason, it is not recommended I get implants.
  49. For years I wanted implants but now - at age 30, I don’t give a damn about getting implants.
  50. I used to hate Miracle Whip & swear by Hellman’s mayonnaise.
  51. Now I hate mayonnaise & swear by Miracle Whip Lite or mustard.
  52. I have 5 pierced holes in my left ear & 4 in my right.
  53. I never take out my earrings.
  54. My naval is pierced.
  55. There is also a tattoo around my naval that I designed.
  56. I have 9 more tattoos.
  57. One is a tiny heart (the size of a nickel) that I did myself.
  58. The majority of my tattoos are original designs or altered existing designs to make them unique to me & no-one else.
  59. I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once.
  60. 2 were impacted.
  61. I threw up blood on the way home & my iguana was loose in my apartment. I picked him up with one hand, the other holding a paper towel to collect the blood running down my chin & put him back in his cage.
  62. If I had done it separately, I never would have gone back.
  63. I attempted to smoke even though it hurt like hell to do so.
  64. I quit smoking 3 years ago. Watching my mother dying from COPD & emphysema weighed heavily on my decision to do so.
  65. I had tried numerous times to quit prior to my final success.
  66. One such attempt only lasted 3 hours.
  67. I am a stickler for proper English.
  68. My husband often speaks with improper English & it makes me want to rip his head off.
  69. I hate when people misuse the word “of” in place of the word “have”. It makes me cringe.
  70. I wear contacts. My eyes are blue. As were my mothers and fathers.
  71. My sister’s eyes are hazel.
  72. My favorite meal is Shepherd’s Pie.
  73. I am still grieving my mother’s death (she died March 5, 2003).
  74. I am not ashamed to wear gigantic animal slippers.
  75. I have been seen at the grocery store & convenience store in my pajamas on more than one occasion.
  76. I never call my husband by his name. I only refer to him as “honey”. He returns this & never calls me by my name either. I am not sure when this started but it has remained consistant for over 10 years.
  77. I can spread all my toes apart without help from my hands. I am not double jointed.
  78. My favorite TV show is CSI (the original). I refuse to watch CSI Miami because the red-haired guy annoys the shit out of me with his lame whisper of a voice & his horrific acting.
  79. I pray every night (silently). My way (not very traditional).
  80. There have been times when I have stopped praying because I was angry with God.
  81. My mother’s ex-boyfriend used to beat her & threaten to kill my sister & I when in a drunken rage. We walked on eggshells when he was home & feared for our lives & our mother’s.
  82. Nothing I ever did was good enough for that man.
  83. My comfort meal is coffee & a bagel (toasted with cream cheese).
  84. I over analyze everything.
  85. I will probably analyze this list but then leave it because I want it to be random & without too much thought.
  86. I am analyzing it right now.
  87. My favorite band is System of a Down.
  88. I sleep mostly on my side with a pillow between my knees because I suffer from back pain.
  89. I’m also cursed with bad knees.
  90. I think this is the reason I have never broken a bone.
  91. Although I did step on my pinky once when I was in grammar school & badly injured it. It actually may have been broken but I shrugged it off & did not go to the nurse (who steps on their pinky?). When my right hand is relaxed you can see that my ring finger is closer to my middle finger & that pinky is farther out than that of my left hand.
  92. My first cat’s name was “Mittens” & I have a cat now with the same name.
  93. I love horror movies.
  94. When I look in the mirror I still see a little girl looking back at me.
  95. I get frustrated with people that don’t see things beyond face value.
  96. My favorite picture is of me & my mom. It was taken when I was about 5 or 6. We are both wearing bikinis & lying out in the sun near the pool.
  97. I learned how to swim instantly. My mother tossed me in the pool, I opened my eyes & swam up to the top. She still insisted both my sister & I wear “floaties” for years.
  98. My mom raised us as a single mom for several years. We ate a lot of potatoes and rice.
  99. I am grateful for my upbringing. As hard & difficult as it was it taught me a great deal & helped to mold me into who I am today.
  100. At times I will completely disagree with that statement.