Thursday, December 22, 2005

Quote for the Day

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
-- Abraham Lincoln 16th president of US (1809 - 1865)
.
.
I remember this quote appealing to my mother & I way back when ... I think we were both baffled (& not to mention quite ticked off) because for us - it's not quite as easy. She had come across the quote, jotted it down in her journal & it remained there on the open page on the coffee table (which is now in my living room) for quite some time. Intriguing ... Looking back, I do believe both my mom & I overlooked that honest Abe used the term "most" there & we were both quite upset that we couldn't just reprogram ourselves like everyone else. Kind of like those word games where you're supposed to count the "f"'s in the sentences & so many people would get the count wrong - overlooking the obvious in the word of ...