Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It could be worse ...

I saw a lady today on the corner with a sign today on my way home from Sears:

"I'm homeless. Will work for food or gas. God Bless You"

This is a rarity in my small town, her & her husband are in fact the first in our town & now known among everyone (yup, that's how small our town is). In fact, my husband came home a few weeks ago & told me that a couple at his work stopped & gave them some money so they could get something to eat. Anyway, I drove by her & almost started crying because although I am unemployed I was about to get something to eat with the $ I do have so I drove up the road, turned around, drove back & gave her some of the cash I had on me. My actual intention was to take her out to eat & I asked her if she wanted to go to McDonald's or something but she said she had a sandwich (she probably thought I was nuts & she is partly right - LOL).

The poor woman has it much worse than me. I will get by & although I have issues that make things difficult for me I have a home. She has no home & her & her husband have to beg for food & money & live out of their car. I can't even imagine what that must be like for them.

So, get this:

As I was giving her the $ I was getting beeped at for holding up traffic!! Isn't that nice? Helping someone down on their luck & getting honked at for it. Anyway, he honked - I flipped him off (because that's how I am - fuck you dicknose - I'm helping this lady out!), proceeded to give her some $ & went on my merry way. I saw the guy hang his head down when he saw what I was doing as he put 2 & 2 together. He will think about that now for the rest of his day (jackass).