Thursday, February 23, 2006

I've got my head straightened out on my shoulders

Yup, I realize that I don't need to be with someone that treats me like I'm worthless (ex) or someone that sends mixed messages & doesn't bother to call me to even say "hi" ("Ted"). I don't want to be in what my shrink would call an unhealthy relationship.

I'm working on this new thing with Nigel. Why? He treats me with respect, he opens doors for me, he listens to me, he genuinely wants to hear what I say, oh yeah & he's hot. After seeing him for the 4th time he's making an impression. He calls to see how I am & he even called me today just to see how my 1st day at work went. Since he works with my friend Jaime he even asked her what kind of flowers I like (although he blew the surprise by telling me). This is just what I needed, a caring guy. I'm not jumping into any feelings for him other than "like" right now. In other words, I'm taking it slow emotionally & just enjoying being with him.

Physically - twice last night - whew, damn, love it! And, by "it" I mean "it" & "it" if you get what I mean.


My first day of work went great! My boss even let me leave early because what I was doing was a bit tedious. I'll still get paid for the full day though since I'm salary. It's funny because when I got there this am she told me "I'm going to warn you - the first couple days are going to be boring". I think I'm really going to like it there & I'm so excited that I have a schedule now that will keep me levelheaded. Routine is good for me!

On another good note - I started taking my Lamictal earlier per my Pdoc's suggestion & I think it's making a difference as far as my insomnia goes & my appetite. I am actually a little tired right now rather than being wide awake as usual (although, I got back at 11:30 last night from Nigel's & then couldn't sleep last night from excitement to start my first day at work & residual excitement from finally getting some - he he - twice - he he) & then I had to get up early to go to work. Appetite-wise - I ate breakfast (ok, it was a yogurt & I had to force it down) & had a sandwich at lunch & ate dinner. That's the most I've eaten in one day in months.


So, things are looking up & I'm feeling good.