Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A stiff neck and the workout

Well, Jaime didn't make it to the gym this morning so it was just me today (well, along with mr.pttobegirl and his boss). It's just as well because I had the worlds worst stiff neck Sunday & still went kayaking with the hubby however what I thought would make it better - made it worse and I was forced to take Monday off for cardio. I couldn't turn my head up or to the sides unless it was really slow so running was soooo out of the question. Still need to compensate for those lost calories so my goal is to burn at least 400 each day this week.

Yesterday am's workout conisted of running a just under a 5kwith a .25 warmup and a few minutes on incline. I'm trying to keep things varied so my body doesn't get stuck on a routine and reach a stalemate. Burned target of 400+ calories.

Yesterday pm's workout was biceps, triceps and legs and was as follows:

Biceps:

  • 3 sets of 8 @ 15# - bicep curls
  • 3 sets of 8 @ 10# - body hammer curls
  • 21's (3 sets of 7)
  • 3 sets of 8 @ 25# - bicep curl machine
Triceps:

  • 3 sets of 8 @ 15# - overhead extensions
  • 2 sets of 8 @ 40# - tricep pushdown
  • 1 set of 8 @ 50# - tricep pushdown - gain!
  • 3 sets of 8 @ 10# - skullcrushers
  • 1 set of 10 bench dips
  • 2 sets of 8 @ 25# - arm extension machine
  • 1 set of 8 @ 37.5# - arm extension machine - gain!
Legs:
  • 3 sets of 8 @ 35# - squats (smith machine without pad)
  • 2 sets of 8 @ 140# - leg press machine
  • 2 sets of 37.5 - leg curl machine
  • 1 set of 8 @ 85 # - abductor machine
  • 2 sets of 8 @ 95 # - abductor machine - gain!
  • 3 sets of 8 @ 60 # - adductor machine
That covers it. Today's cardio consisted of treadmill and elliptical machine. Burned my target of over 400 calories.

Tonight's workout will be shoulders and abs. I may just do these at home. I haven't decided yet ...

Well, off to work I go! (my cat Pooks keeps trying to sit on my lap with the laptop while I type & I keep having to tell him he can't. he's so funny.)