Thursday, April 14, 2005

So Proud!

Well, I meant to post this yesterday but for some reason it didn't happen. So, here it is ...

Ok, so this morning I was so proud of my workout buddy Jaime. I told her she was going to run a 10 minute mile then rest a 1/4 mile and then do it again & she thought I was crazy. Well, she did the first 10 and walked a 1/4 and then after 5 minutes (1/2 mile) was approaching I told her it was up to her - I know she can do it - the thing is - will she do it? She did! I was so proud.

Afterwards, I asked he how she felt and she said she felt like throwing up - I was so proud!! We both did our 400 calories so all was well.

She was joking telling our coworkers that I'm a slave driver and I gave her the choice of doing it or being a slacker. It was too funny. I kept telling her - ok well, if you really want to make it 20 minutes (2 miles) tomorrow that's ok with me. I told her I was giving her the gift of accomplishment - she made some snide remark but I'm sure I'm showing her she's far more capable than she thinks.

Anywho... off to enjoying my American Chop Suey (a BFL recipee with ground turkey, wheat rotini, stewed tomatoes and ketchup - yumm!).