Thursday, May 12, 2005

The plan

Well, Mr. Sandman did find me in case you're wondering and in fact I slept so well the other night I almost convinced myself it was ok to keep sleeping and not go to the gym. Don't worry though - I didn't give in!

We have been jogging the river trail in the morning instead of the treadmill to better prepare me for my 5K on Saturday. We sign in first and then sign out to see our time. We've not been doing very good for time though because we are including our warm-up and cool-down time. We're doing 2.6 miles in 40 minutes - not very good at all really. We do a lot of walking though because Jaime is new to it and gets winded and/or gets those annoying cramps (you know the ones I mean - under your rib cage). What I need to remember is that I'm changing my workouts to be less intense and more in my fat burning zone.

It's great to be out in the fresh air early in the morning though I must say. I am loving it. Tomorrow however, will be the gym - treadmill at 15% incline 4mph for a 1/2 hour or so (not including warm-up/cool-down).

I want my legs to be in tip-top shape for the run (which I'm told will possibly be in the rain). I don't want to run with cement legs and I don't want to have to walk at all if I can avoid it. My gastrocnemius (calves) and anterior tibialis muscles detest when I run consecutive days (like I've been doing). I'll be warming up at home ahead of time and will soak in the tub tomorrow night in hopes of further soothing my muscles with heat. I imagine that by Saturday I'll be just swell and ready for the run. I am however

SO NERVOUS! Excited - but NERVOUS!

Wish me luck :-)