Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Race

Well, I did my first 5K this morning and I feel great :0

My time was around 33.4 minutes although I have to wait for them to post my exact time. My goal was to finish it under 40 minutes (which I surely did!) so I'm happy. I should have allowed myself more rest days prior to running (only allowed 1) but at least now I know. I was playing leap frog with a young girl for the last 1/2 of the race. I would pass her and then she would pass me and so on. Near the end I figured I'd challange her and haul ass. Well, she heard me/saw me and hauled ass herself to come in just ahead of me. It was great. There were people outside the stores downtown cheering us on and people outside there houses as well.

After I finished I hung around the finish line and cheered on some of the later finishers (thinking - wow I wasn't last!). There was one lady heading to the finish (face red as can be) and her hubby or friend ran with her to motivate her too finish - it was very touching. I was so proud of her. It was very emotional. My hubby video taped it the start and finish too so it was pretty cool. I'm so glad I did this. And, now I have a goal time to beat next time. I'm going to start some Fartlek training this week.

Sidenote: I finally found out how to put my picture on here - see it!?

Well, toodles. Time to eat supper :-)