Friday, August 12, 2005

Over-reacting

So, it looks like MrPttobegirl is overreacting again. I went running (5 miles) last night with 2 of the Mexican's at work (I don't mean mexican's in a bad way - obviously or I wouldn't go running with them!). Anway, I'm talking about 2 nice guys (that I'm not at all attracted to - just friends with) & afterwards I had a beer at the place we started at & then back at their house & got home around 9:15.

So, when I get home MrPttobegirl asks where I was so I tell him we had a beer at JDC's (the restauraunt/bar) & before I can finish he says that's not true because he drove all through the parking lot & calls me a fucking liar. So -- A. He didn't even let me finish & B. What the hell is he following me around for?

In a nutshell -this to MrPttobegirl means I am a (how did he put it?) "cheating whore" & we should get a divorce. So, I decide (again - because he's done this before) that I am not going to get offended (even though I should because that's just not nice), because he is just being ridiculous and not using his head (he has anger problems, apparently buried jealousy issues & shouldn't be taking DHEA). He proceeds to say that he's sick of my (non-existant because I respect my husband for whatever reason & I respect the word marriage) cheating & that he wants a divorce. So, I said "Fine, because if you think I would ever do that & find it ok to call me what you did then I don't want to be with you."

Is that bad? Because part of me wants to end it (& has off & on for some time) but the other part of me doesn't. I did suggest counseling (because he needs it if he thinks I'm cheating since he's blowing this WAY out of proportion) but he refuses. I want to be treated with the same respect & I want to have the support of my husband (not someone that tells me before I leave for a 5 mile run that I probably CAN'T do it because I haven't been exercising when I indeed have).

What to do ..... Any advice? I'm on the fence here.