Monday, August 22, 2005

Lucky me!

After having chest pains (when breathing) for 4-5 days (I lost count) I finally went to the doctor. He diagnosed me with Costochondritis (see link above) & gave me a prescription for naproxen. I'm crossing my fingers this helps. He was at first concerned it might be bronchitus or pneumonia but after poking & prodding my sternum he confirmed it to be Costo. After reading WebMD's dead on description - I'm quite proud of my (otherwise crappy) doctor! I just hope the naproxen helps. It's do damned annoying - especially when I'm trying to sleep & I can't get comfortable. I was freaked out thinking it was something awful like emphysema so I'm soooo relieved! I've had the pain before but it's always gone away quickly. Cross your fingers for me that the naproxen kicks it in the ass.

I did however do the Bike Tour (Steeple Chase) Saturday as it (oddly) wasn't as painful in the forward, hunched over position required for riding a bike. After about 40 miles my husband called me to tell me he was in a bike vs. car accident! He suffered cuts & bruises & after spending a good 5 minutes convincing me he was serious he also insisted I finish & I did. His knee has been swolen since Saturday but is now going down. He's lucky he survived. An older woman completely cut him off & he had nowhere to go but into her car. His bike is quite beat up & he has filed a claim with the woman's insurance company.

So, it has been a delightfully challenging weekend but we got through. I thank God that Mr.PTtobeGirl didn't suffer more serious injuries & that what I have is treatable (although from what I read it will likely come back - which makes sense since I've had a mild case in the past without knowing what it was).

That's the scoop. I hope my boss isn't too terribly ticked off at me but I had to find out what was wrong - I just had to.

I'm going to read my Marie Claire now & relax ...