Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I'm so ghetto

I had to reschedule my interview at Bally's because I don't have enough $$ for gas. The guy was sooo nice though so I don't feel too bad. I'll be meeting with him next Tuesday @ 7PM. Wish me luck! I'm really hoping this pans out for me - really hoping.

You know - I haven't been posting my workouts at all people! You must be wondering what's going on! Well, still holding to the BFL workouts (cardio today) although, I've not been as precise with eating as I would like to be. Lately though I'm getting back at it. I'm fully capable of being strict with my diet so I have no excuse (which is why I'm getting back with it!).

I can't help but think I'm wasting away my life here in an office job - sitting on my ass all damn day only exercising my fingers to type & occasionally my arm to answer the phone. Why did I ever get into a job like this? What was I thinking - it's the job of lazy people! No wonder I had gained weight. People with office jobs don't realize how little they exercise. Now that I have added exercise & healthy eating into my life over the past year I feel so much better but I also notice a lot of obese (or just plain overweight) people around me.

Sad, and I get to listen to a true ghetto girl every day. Today she's using the time she should be working to talk about filing chapter 12 on her "ex" boyfriend (whom she claimed got her pregnant not a month ago - a tubal pregnancy even - since her tubes are "tied").

I hate liars. Why are they allowed to walk the earth among us?
  • To disgust us?
  • To humor us (on occasion)?
  • To help us to keep our minds active by questioning everything they say?
Maybe it's God's way of preventing diseases such as alzheimers (sp?) & dementia (sp?)?

I can honestly say - no matter how bad it gets - with all the negativity I hear - I still can't help but think - it could be worse. It really could. I'm grateful for what I have (mainly my new TiVo but that's beside the point - I'm being serious here!). I'm grateful for where I am, & who I have around me (well, lets not be crazy - I'm not referring to miss ghetto girl!).