Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Back to Normal (well, for me anyway)

Hey there everyone & Happy Fucking Wednesday!

For those that don't give a rats ass about my love life & marriage - scroll down until you see yellow*

Rather than rehash a bunch of shit I'll just let you know that all is going well. DH & I are holding up splendidly with communication being our new forte. It's gotten so well that he brings up our daily good sharing time now! We do it every night when we get in bed before we turn the lights out & we lay face to face to talk (aw shucks).

I've also seen major improvements in him as a supportive husband. It's all very refreshing to both of us. It's amazing what a little talking & sharing of feelings can do.

Why didn't we do this sooner? Here's my theory:

You know those couples that argue & swear at each other & no-one knows how they stay together? Well, we NEVER did that - we'd hold back & (mostly) he would refuse to talk about things for "fear" of saying something that'd later be regretted (well, that most certainly happened eh?). So, it all exploded & I guess by not always being vocal (I'd say both of us were at fault on this - I became more vocal the past few years but wasn't as much before) we weren't sharing our feelings nor resolving any of the issues that we had. Now, we are talking openly about the good & the bad & really listening to each other & working on any changes we need to (ex. his lack of supportiveness ---> huge improvement).

Anyway, I'm not one to dwell & I'm not usually one to share my problems with anyone so thanks so much for lending an ear (or an eye - well, two eyes I suppose - unless you're a pirate or like to wear an eye patch!) & for giving me your two cents :-)

I shall mostly be back to my normal stuff from this point on.

Anyone know why I'm getting stupid advertising comments in my blog comments & how to get rid of them?

FYI - I sent my resume to a (sort of) local Bally's & the main office responded that I will be hearing from a guy at the actual location for an interview! I figured it was worth a shot. If I can make good $$ doing it then I'm good - I might feel more comfortable working for someone first - who knows. Either way - I'm putting my name out there. I'll be advertising locally soon too. I'm keeping my options open.

Anyone out there watch Big Brother 6? Can you believe that witch put Kaysar back on the block ?! I am so freaking mad. Everyone who was playing the "I can't believe so & so gave their word & then back out" card is now playing the "It's Big Brother - sometimes you have to lie & change your mind at the drop of a hat" card. Bunch of idiots - just start out like a lying fool - you're going to have to do it eventually anyway - come on - it's a GAME!

On a side note - I went to tanning today & didn't have my normal lotion - just a small packet of extreme sizzle. Yup, I sizzled all right - I was so fucking red it wasn't funny (well, maybe funny to other people but it sure as hell wasn't fucking funny to me!) I was driving back to work (yes, I do it during lunch sometimes) & trying to avoid the sun shining on me in the car (right - not so easy - stop laughing - you try it!)

On another side note: My husband & I are doing the Steeple Chase this weekend (see the link above to find out more about it. I'm doing the 50 & he & my neighbor (who annoys the piss out of me lately) are doing the 100.

* For those of you that scrolled down to read the yellow & avoid my rants - Fuck off! **

** Just kidding! Jeeze ya bunch of tight asses!