Monday, March 21, 2005

Finally a good workout buddy!

I couldn't sleep worth a shit last night. I couldn't fall asleep & then when I did it'd only be for like an hour or 2 & I kept waking up & the husband was snoring & needless to say I didn't make it to the gym in the am.

I did however make it this afternoon & my friend Jaime & her boyfriend went with me too! Quite cool. I had fun doing cardio with her & I showed her a few things too afterwards with the free weights. It was very cool. We have both agreed to go in the mornings for 5am too. We're starting tomorrow. I'm psyched that I have a workout buddy! We had planned this in the past but never stuck to it so I used to call her a "bad-buddy". I may have to upgrade her if this works out :-)

Today consisted of mainly cardio as follows:

This morning:

  • 12 running flights of stairs (up & back counts as 1)
  • 2 sets of 15 standing push-ups
  • 1 20 second plank
This afternoon:
  • 1 set of 15 standing push-ups after lunch (in the bathroom - tee-hee)

Treadmill after work:

  • .25 @ 3.5 (warm -up)
  • .50 @ 5.0 (slow jog)
  • .50 @ 6.0 (moderate jog/run)
  • .25 @ 3.5 (needed some water
  • .50 @ 5.2 (slow jog)
  • .50 @ 6.0 (moderate jog/run)
  • .50 @ 3.5 - 2.0 (cool down)
    ---> totalling: 3.0 miles & roughly 300 calories
Jaime did incline at a fast walk & burned more calories! Good for her!


Well, that covers it. I think tomorrow I may do incline but I probably wont because I hate going slow. Tomorrow's workout (evening) will be chest.

The awful truth: the tuna grinder I had was most likely made with mayonaise (or should I say fatonaise)

Brownie points: great cardio today & good job getting my workout buddy to workout with me! It's so much more fun that way!

Tomorrows goals: Explain METS to Jaime, get Jaime to do a more rigorous workout (cross trainer?), plan chest workout.

That's all for now :-)