Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The day and shit. Why do I do these title things?

Here I am bright and early typing away on my blog. I got a great night's sleep last night (without any sleep aid) so I'm very happy :-)

Woke up with serious DOMS so working the shoulders today was out of the question. I don't know why I was thinking it was going to happen - breaking up UBWO's and expecting to work arms 2 days in a row - former blonde bimbo moment? No biggie - I'm always changing my "plans" anyway - which defeats the purpose of having plans to begin with. This is why I pretty much make the "plans" in my head. I guess I'll always just be the wing it type. I'll have to change my blog name to "Wing-it-Girl"! Hey, whatever works right? And, winging it works for me.

Anywhoooo, I got off track there (early morning babble syndrome). Woke up, felt the DOMS, said to hubby "I'm just going to do cardio today. I can't workout my arms today. What was I thinking?"

So, being "Wing-it-Girl" guess what I did?

Changed my mind, yup - of course!
Why?? Because I can - ha!
I decided to run a mile (1.25 total with cool-down/warm-up) and then finish my leg workout.
So here's what I did:

1.25 on treadmill (.25 consisting of warm-up/cool-down and the balance running @ 6.3-7mph)

3 sets of 10 @ 20 #'s - lunges (10 each leg, 10 pound dumbbell each hand)
2 sets of 10 @ 10 #'s (rt leg) 7.5 #'s (lt leg) - 1 leg calf raises on stair
3 planks @ 20 seconds (yes, weenie time - I was showing the guys how to do them)

I did less weight on my left calf so as to not pull or put too much stress on my still healing ankle.

I can already feel my legs! I haven't done lunges in like ages and frankly the majority of working them has been running and other cardio with only minimal weight/resistance training. This is like a new thing for them - sparking some excitement among my muscles. My muscles are saying "Hey - WTF is going on here? We haven't done this in a while. Whooa."

Anyway, I'm loving it though! I may keep this as my new routine (quick cardio then weight training) in the mornings. But ... we all know with "Wing-it-Girl" there is at least a 85% chance I'll change my mind ....

Just saw another one of those miracle weight loss supplement commercials. You know the old "don't diet or exercise just take this pill and lose more weight than you would if you did diet and exercise". Yup, well - as the guy is telling us about this nonsense the fine print says "Use in conjunction with any diet and exercise program". In other words - he's telling us "what we want to hear" but then covering his ass by putting the note on there basically saying "Oh, well - actually, I'm lying."

I'm so sick of these nonsense diet pills. And, people get suckered into them! It's awful. My favorite is the one that removes "stubborn belly fat". You can't spot reduce - especially with a pill! You don't see me chowing on a hamburger (seriously you don't but..) and telling it "Just go to my boobs ok? I don't the fat going to my ass this time."