Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Evil Ice Cream stand

Went for a nice bike-ride yesterday with the husband. We started at home and road to see my mom (at the cemetery) and then circled back.

We were ATTACKED by an invisible force wanting us to get a banana-split that we split (that sounds funny - I like saying that) on the way back. Craziest thing you ever saw, we were riding along, road by the restaurant that now has a take-out window that offers burgers, fries, ice-cream and such when this invisible force got into my husbands head and he lost complete control of his senses. Loudly he screams to me as he is peddling AWAY from me TOWARDS the ice-cream stand "I'm going to get ice-cream!" I didn't believe him so I proceeded to peddle away from the stand.

Then out of nowhere the force got ahold of me & I thought - is he behind me or was he serious because ice-cream sounds tasty! I turn around and he's gone. With my rational mind also gone I think to myself - well, if he's doing it so am I. We proceed to order a banana split to split (tee-hee - had to say it again) and a root beer.

It was soooooo incredibly good. In the future, I promise to stay away from the evil invisible ice-cream stand force or only go in the vicinity with my protective shield next time! I swear! I do!

Enough about ice-cream. Tonight we're going to get Chinese food with my husband's cousin & his wife (well, I guess that makes him my cousin too). They have come up from Orlando & he's Mr.PTtobegirl's favorite cousin.

The hubby & I went to the gym today together late this morning. It was nice to workout together (we don't anymore since I workout with Jaime & he works out with his boss).

I did chest, shoulders & back. Chest & Shoulders - not good to do together (at least with chest first because your shoulders assist ... yada, yada, yada - I'm a dumb ass & should have known this).

Chest:

3 sets of 8 @ 65# - Bench Press (I know - my chest is weak - I'm a GIRL!)
3 sets of 8 @ 15# - Chest Press
3 sets of 8 @ 15# - Flyes
3 sets of 8 @ 10# - Incline Chest Press

Shoulders:

3 sets of 8 @ 10# - Lateral Raises
3 sets of 8 @ 7.5# - Front Raises
3 sets of 8 @ 10# - L-Lateral Raises
3 sets of 8 @ 37.5# - Overhead Press Machine

Back:

3 sets of 8 @ 50# - Row Machine
3 sets of 8 @ 50# - Lat Pull Down (I will increase this to 62.5# next time)

My lower back is a little sore from yesterday's ride & frantic house clean for today's guests. I spent too long bent over scrubbing the tub. Yeah, I don't know why because there is pretty much NO chance that they are taking a bath or shower & I highly doubt they are even interested in looking at the tub. What can I say? I got a little carried away. When the cleaning bug bites me it bites hard. Don't ask why - I don't ordinarily have a cleaning bone in my body - besides - cleaning (& cooking) is the husbands job & mine is well trained! I however was being helpful yesterday. Don't worry, I'm sure it wont happen again for a very long time!

Well, that covers it for now. Oh I tossed some blonde highlights in my hair. The dark brown has lightened severely with my new tanning obsession so I figured I'd help it along. It came out really nice. Now, I can't color it for a while though - to give it a break.

I'll stop boring you now. I'm really not a boring person, but I think I blog pretty dull. It's odd considering I can write my ass off, that I use this blog to bore people beyond what I ever thought was possible. Sorry guys! Now wake up!