Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Dump the workout buddy? Help!

Yesterday's workout was great (Jaime was a no-show for the 2nd day in a row) & after work I went out with the hubby & our neighbor on a training ride Bike Riding . We pulled off 22 miles which is my longest ride. That may sound sad but it's true. It was a good ride although at times I was almost crying going up the hills. Here's the lesson folks:

A morning leg workout & a 22 mile bike ride - don't mix.

Here's what I did:

Superset #1:
60 walking lunges (30 each leg) @ 30# (2 15# dumbells)
3 sets of 8 Arnold Presses @ 15# (standing)
3 sets of 10 @ 15# Angled Calf Raises (irritated the ankle so I'm babying it a little
3 sets of 8 @ 160# Leg Press

Superset #2:
3 sets of 8 @ 10# L-Concentric Lateral Raises
2 sets of Ball Bridges (hard as shit!)
3 sets of 8 @ 7.5 # front raises

2 sets of 15 @ 20# Cable Adductor
2 sets of 15 @ 20# Cable Abductor

So, this morning my legs are killing me - lesson learned. So I didn't go to the gym (I was going to do upper body - I can mix that with HIIT tomorrow or do it tonight so I don't miss it altogether - just a schedule change) & I'm interested to see if Jaime made it there (she was claiming she'd be there a 1/2 hour early to do cardio - tee-hee). Why can't I have a good workout buddy?

Quite frankly though, I get such a better workout without her. No useless chatter, no whining = no waste of energy & time for me. She's not even eating remotely healthy. She drinks soda, eats hot dogs, hamburgers, M&M's & Monday night she even had a brownie with icecream Fat Woman 2 . Maybe I should just dump her as a workout buddy. I mean if she shows, she shows but I shouldn't bother to help her anymore. She's eating like a pig & not maintaining anything. I'm wasting my time trying to help her. What do you guys & gals think? Dump her? She'll still be my friend but really - she's starting to annoy me. I find it hard to be friends with people that aren't strong willed.

Help! I need your feedback!!!!