Friday, July 29, 2005

God-Freakin-Dammit (I'm so going to hell)

I've been a busy little bee lately. I went down to Florida over the weekend to see my sister & go to her shower. It went well but after 2 of the 4 days I remember why we can't really live together. I get so irritated by her! So quickly do I realize that I don' t miss how much she makes me feel inadequate.

I love her - don't get me wrong & she's pretty much all the family I have but jeeze - get over it with the Hand Sanitizer for Christ's sake! She stopped asking me after a while if I wanted it because I just kept saying "Nope, I'm living on the edge. None for me. I'm crazy". I mean - WTF? I'm not sure when my sister became obsessed with cleanliness but I think it was around the time she was in College. A lot of people live to be in their 80's without using Hand Sanitizer once! Amazing isn't it? Must be a lot of people living on the edge, taking their own life into their own once smooth but now wrinkled & perfectly alive hands.

Sorry, had to vent. I am glad I saw her & spent some time with her (about 2 days worth - not the full 4). And, she'd tell people how great the pregnancy was going but if I said my back was hurting all of a sudden she's all "Well at least you don't have an extra 45 pounds to carry around". So I'd ask "Oh, does your back hurt too?" & she'd say "No". Alrighty then ... Well, I guess I'm not upset then that she lives so far away. We can only handle each other for so long & then it's over.

Oh! Oh! Picture this:
We're at a fairly high-scale Chinese restaurant at the mall in WPB & I get my order of Sesame Chicken. It tastes like shit - dry with burnt sesame's & virtually no flavor. So of course I mention this to her & she says "Well, at least it's better than take out". How the hell would she know? As if where I live (which I remind you is where she was brought up) isn't good enough to have decent takeout & doesn't have any "high-scale" Chinese restaurants .... She didn't even try the Sesame Chicken on my fancy-schmancy plate & has never had Chinese take out from the Chinese restaurant near where I live (again - where she was brought up). So I said clearly "No, it tastes like crap. The take-out near me is sooo much better. This is awful" & she gave me that "You're so not good enough to hang out with me but you're my sister so I'll put up with you" look. Good times. She's just lucky she's pregnant or I would have punched her in the face (ok, not really but I'm trying to be all mean & stuff so humor me!).

Aren't ya glad I'm blogging again?!

Missed you everyone - I have to re-catch up on my blog reading. And, why the heck is there an advertisement in my comments on my last blog entry? Anyone know how to stop that?