Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Another day

Good morning all. I'm a-playing hookie today with the hubby. He's a bad influence on me!

We went to the gym this morning. Today was legs & shoulders. Here's the run down:

Supersets (Of course! Would you expect any different?!)
  • 90 walking lunges with twists --that's 45 each leg with a body bar with abdominal rotations in between each lunge
  • 3 sets of 15 Overhead presses (with same body bar)

  • 3 sets of 15 adductors (each leg - cable machine)
  • 3 sets of 15 abductors (each leg - cable machine)
  • 3 sets of 12 lateral raises
  • 3 sets of 12 frontal raises

  • 3 sets of 15 angled calf raises
  • 2 sets of l-concentric raises

I love feeling that burn! You know you've done good when you feel every muscle in your legs when you do a lunge afterwards without any weight at all! Love it!!!

Now, I just text messaged my friend (former workout buddy) to tell the boss I wont be in. I'm such an awful liar so I'm making her do it! I asked her to tell me when he goes to the 9 o'clock meeting (he gets side-tracked) so I can leave him a message. It's fun to play hookey but it sucks to have to lie. I'm so going to hell.

BTW - we've worked out the whole work-out situation. I let her know that I'm changing my routine & that it would be too much for her. I also told her that if she really wanted to do it along with me she'd have to give it 100% (including nutrition) & she just can't commit. She was at the gym this morning doing cardio upstairs. At least she's doing something. I'm sure before too long she'll want my help. She gains weight back so easy - she's already getting a pudgy belly again.