Saturday, March 18, 2006

Got some digits ....

last night. I went out with my friends because it was this ladies last day at the old hell hole where I used to work & everyone wanted to see her off & wish her well. I really don't like her all that much, I mean she's ok but it was a chance for me to get out & I didn't have any plans (Dan, I guess that means you win & you didn't jinx me after all!).

So, we hung out at a bar at a local restaurant & then went to a local Pool Hall/bar in my hometown. There was a cover band playing & then an ACDC tribute band - they were fun - one guy had the whole Angus Young shorts-suit outfit on & everything - crazy-fun!

Then, this guy shows up that knows a friend of my friends & he had the nicest eyes, a pretty rockin' body & good hair (you'll see why). So, I tell my friend that he's cute & she's had about 4 tequila sunrises (her normal drink) so she asks her friend & comes back to me "He's single & 28". I'm like "Oh, cool.". I haven't asked for a guys number in sooo long so I didn't know how to go about it. We kept looking at each other with no words spoken until unbeknownst to me Jenn tells him "She's interested" & points at me (she told me this afterwards)! So, he came over to me & introduced himself, I introduced myself, we talked a little bit & I asked for his # (which he gave me - let's hope it's real - I think it is - he didn't strike me as the player type).

He did ask me what I was doing tonight so I can only assume it's real. I told him I wasn't sure (because Nick is supposed to be picking me up to bring me to look at an apt - the ex took the car to meet a girl in VT - & then I don't know what I'm doing later (& whether that will involve Nigel or Ted or what)). And, if Ted calls me late at night when I'm with Nigel that may be awkward ... I texted Ted last night though & he didn't answer so ..

So, back to the hair - he's a hairdresser (& HE'S STRAIGHT!). See, I knew every guy hairdresser wasn't gay!! He even works at the salon I go to! He just started there a month ago & prior to that worked at another one. Strangely enough after he told me that I had a flash back to when I had a "hairmergency" & I went to that salon & HE was at the counter but, they didn't have any other hairdressers there yet (it was bright & early in the am & he only did mens hair). I remember thinking - of course, the salon I go to has a hot guy seeing me look all witchy. Anyway, I ended up going to my own salon to have my hair fixed (my current salon - where he now works).

I asked him why he got into hairdressing & he said that he actually loves art - painting, drawing, photography & sees hairdressing as a kind of art too (yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about that but, I smiled & said - "Ok, I guess I can see that").

I don't know why everything that happens to me is linked to something else.


This morning I finally had a chance to talk with our new roomate a little more. He's a pretty cool guy & we have a lot in common. It was nice to talk to him & get to know him better. Another roomate is supposed to be moving in tomorrow. He's 21 & cute from what I could tell (but, I'm thinking that's WAY too young for me). I'm hoping this apt that I go look at today is nice. I want to have my own place & be on my own soooo bad!

The best part of the night was when I got the restaurant/bar & everyone was shocked - saying how skinny I was - that I lost a lot of weight. I said, well I did - but only 17 pounds & these are my skinny jeans. It made me feel good. Then later I went to the bathroom & said "Ooh, I like this place - they have skinny mirrors here!". Yes, I was checking myself out & thinking to myself - maybe they're right - I do look damn good but, it's probably just the mirror. Does anyone else do that? Refuse to accept how good you look? I can't get away from it. I always try to convince myself it's the mirror not me.

My cats & dog started trying to wake me up as soon as the sun came up this morning. I wanted to choke them all. They're damn lucky I love them (& I'm not the choking type - well, except sex - no just kidding). Thankfully, I only had about 4 beers over several hours so I wasn't hungover. I eventually rolled out of bed around 8:30.

I have to jump in the shower, put my face on, do my hair & get to the bank & tanning. I'm thinking I'm going to practice driving the truck (remember - no car) around the block a few times first. I've only driven it once & the power in that thing FORCES me to drive too fast (really, it's not me - I swear!). Plus, it's a standard (which is ok, I can drive a stick - he he - no really I can drive a standard) but, every standard is a little different. I do know that I can't start it in 1st gear because the idle is too high so I need to take off in 2nd. Oh & it's gigantic - I'm used to a baby go-go-gadget neon!

Let's see what today brings ...