Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Going strong

Well, as the days are going by my spirits are lifting. I was driving to work this morning & listening to Maroon 5 & it was kind of depressing me however I decided to text Nigel & see if he wanted to spend the day together on Saturday & go shopping to get him a new necklace (the pendant broke off his). He texted me back excited about the idea so that perked me up & I'm looking forward to it :-) I told him before that I was going to pick it out & so he wants to pick out a new navel ring for me. We're so corny.

I can't believe how well things are going with him. My ex keeps asking me why Nigel & I don't spend more time together & I keep telling him that not every relationship needs to be clingy. Plus, we've been spending about 3 nights a week together - to me that's enough. Absence makes the heart grow fonder right & why overkill - like the Joss Stone song - Less is more: "slow it down, chill it out let it breath. 'Cause too much of a good thing can be ... bad. Less is more" -- less is more! The way we're doing things works well for us & I don't want to compromise that just because someone else thinks we should spend more time together. Everyone is different & every relationship is as well.

Oh & it wasn't exactly audible so I could be waaaaayyy wrong but Nigel may have said he loved me when we were last making love. Now again, I could be completely wrong here & for fear of I don't know what I didn't ask him to repeat it (besides, it would have ruined the "act" to have a conversation in the middle of it - come on!). And, he does say things like "Oh, Jacqui", "You feel so good" (very hot - mmmmm... oh - focus, sorry-) so if it was "I love you" - it could have been the heat of the moment & if not who knows.

It's only been a short while we've been dating & although we've sort of known each other a few years it's still too soon to feel that strongly. Granted, I have quite a fondness for him that continually grows & it gives me an awesome feeling. When I think about him I smile & these feelings for him are surely replacing any I thought I had for "Ted". This however is a completely different relationship with different circumstances.

Honestly, looking back I think "Ted" may have been my rebound guy - even though I wasn't dumped so to speak I was just getting out of a relationship & had sooo much going on ... I was vulnerable. Now, if "Ted" crosses my mind - the visual (I don't know if anyone else thinks visually but I do) always ends up switching to Nigel as do my thoughts. And, these thoughts (of Nigel) are good, happy, healthy ones - not painful, confused, torn thoughts.

I'm making a change for the better & I'm proud of myself for that. I'm not completely letting my guard down this time but I'm not a closed door either.


And, in case anyone cares - work is going well. I had a rough day on Friday but this week has been great. My boss bought us all Chinese food today for lunch which was very nice.


Many thanks to everyone for posting comments on my last post. I always take what you say to heart & it makes me feel a gazillion times better knowing there's so many of you out there that understand what I feel. **hugs to each & every one of you **