Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Took a little trip

to the ER on Monday that resulted in a committment to the not-so-local looney bin. Good times. Now I have Lithium added to my meds list & I get to meet with my shrink tomorrow & get my blood levels checked on Saturday.

For anyone that wants to know - when they give you charcoal in a cup & tell you to drink it & won't tell you why --> it's because you're going to have the runs for about 8-12 hours. Would you tell the person you were giving it to what it was for? Yea, probably not.

What this charcoal cup subtly means is -- you sucked at trying to kill yourself (failure!) so now we're going to completely humiliate you to make you feel THAT MUCH BETTER!

So, oddly - after being completely scared shitless & embarassed & humiliated in the Psych ward I made some incredible friends who I felt more comfortable with than most people/friends I have outside of the psych ward. Scary, I guess I relate better to the nutso's than the non nutso's - tee-hee.

Oh & apparently having the runs in a bathroom with no soundproofing on your first night is a wonderful way to break the ice w/your new roomate. My God, we were both laughing our asses off. I had to tell her to stop because I couldn't go while I was laughing! It was hysterical!

Cracks me up too that they send you out of the psych ward after od'ing on pills with prescriptions for more pills -- tak!