Friday, April 08, 2005

Well, the husband made it to the gym every day this week with the exception of Thursday (his decided off day)! At first I was a little leary of the idea - giving up independent gym Jacqui but I've actually started to like it! I still workout with my friend Jaime anyway and he works out with his boss.

It's funny, it turns out that I am holding the life line and if I stop going Jaime will stop going because I'm not and the husband (mr.pttobegirl) will stop going because I'm not and finally Scott (mr.pttobegirl's boss) will stop going because mr.pttobegirl is not! You know, not too much on my shoulders. Lucky for me - it doesn't phase me - in fact I find it quite humorous because I simply refuse to not go. I have to go, I have no choice - regardless of who else it affects - I wont go because I must go for my own damn self! I want to be a healthy, happy, well-rounded (and not in the belly) individual that will live a long, fullfilled life. I have to eat to live and I have to workout to live as well. They are both equally important. We must take care of our bodies or they will fall apart.

So ... so far I've done 4 days of cardio this week, 1 day of just weight training, and 1 day of both. I still need to get in one more day with some sort of cardio (gym or jogging or whatever) and 1 more day of weight training. Here's a breakdown of what I've been doing. I've been alternating my (& Jaime's) cardio because I get bored and because I can:

Monday is already listed (cardio)

Tuesday am: Cardio:

Circuit training:
5 minute warmup, 10 minutes running on treadmill, 10 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the bike, 5 minute cool down

Tuesday pm: Weight Training:

Chest:

3 sets of 8 @ 50# - barbell bench press (I wanted to do 60 but it was just too much - damn!)
3 sets of 8 @ 15 # - decline dumbell bench press
3 sets of 8 @ 15# - decline dumbell flyes
2 sets of 10 pushups (easy - on knees)

Back:

2 sets of 8 @ 30# - side cable pulldowns
2 sets of 8 @ 60# - underhand lat pulldowns
2 sets of 8 @ 50# - row machine
2 sets of 10 - back extension (for lower back - I need to strengthen it!)

I wanted to do these great decline pull-ups but I forgot my gloves and the bar hurt my hands too much. I also did some of my leg workout early:

2 sets of 140# - leg press
2 sets of 37.5# - leg curl machine

Wednesday am: Cardio:

Treadmill:

.25 @ 3.0 warm-up
.50 @ 6.0 (moderate jog/run)
1.5 @ 3.5-4 with increasing incline every minute
.25 @ 3.0 incline
----------------------
2.5 miles total (about 300+ calories burned)

Thursday am: my ankle hurt like a bastard so we did weight training

I finished my leg workout:

2 sets of 8 @140# - Leg Press Machine
2 sets of 8 @60# - Leg Extension Machine
3 sets of 8 @ 85/60# - Abductor/Adductor Machine
1 set of 8 @ 37.5# - Leg Curl Machine

And did my shoulders:

2 sets of 8 @ 15# - Arnold Presses (man did I feel these in my chest too or what!)
2 sets of 8 @ 7.5# - Incline Frontal Raises
2 sets of 8 @ 7.5# - L-Concentric Raises
3 sets of 8 @ 50# - Row Machine (delts position)
3 sets of 8 @ 37.5# - Overhead Press Machine

Friday am: Cardio:

Circuit training:
5 minute warmup, 10 minutes running on treadmill, 10 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the bike, 5 minute cool down

I was hoping to change things up and do jumping jacks & x's but the x's hurt my ankle so we just ended with the bike and then cooled down on the Treadmill. We still burned at least 300 calories each.

I went to physical therapy for my ankle today during lunch. I was there well over an hour and now it aches (he said it would). I had ultrasound, electric (whatever you call it - I was scared - it was strange) and did some weighted excercises. The electric (whatever you call it) was weird but I realized that I had that on my lower back before - I just didn't know that's what it was. I was so freaked out that it was going to make my ankle move into a painful angle though so I refused to turn it up over 15. It actually contracts your muscles and makes your ankle move!

Well, that's it for now! I'll try to keep up more with the blog. I've been a-slacking!